Client: Bleier Estates
Contractor: Diamond Construction Ltd
An imposing Victorian Mansion of significant historic architectural and cultural importance; Grade II Listed Building, originally constructed circa 1825, once the home of French artist James Tissot and latterly Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema from 1870-1883. The property had since been sub-divided into leased apartments. JDS assumed the role of architectural design and project management in obtaining challenging Local Authority approvals for this major renovation programme to restore the triple height studio with vaulted ceiling and aspe, double height conservatory, plus extensive residential, leisure and serving quarter areas; adorned with terracotta, sandstone, Portland Stone, Stucco render, slate, lead and copper, all with bespoke features.